Daouda Doumbiya sings songs and plays some very nice phrasing for a handful of djembe rhythms in Segou, Mali.
We Like this Video Because:
- Daouda sings some songs that are easy to hear.
- He plays phrases that mark the dance.
- He uses some closed and muted slaps for melody.
- Daouda is a great player, and videos of him are rare.
- We like the StarWars intro and the hairy guy’s singing.
One response to “Mendiani, Tansole, Maraka + More : Daouda Doumbia”
Douda is still groovin in Segou. This year, when I saw him in Bamako, he gave me his new phone number. If you want to contact him, I can help. Use Konkoni.org’s contact link at the bottom of every page.